Shannon Moran Social Media and Blog Editor
Spring is finally here, and the perfect way to celebrate the warm breezes, green grass, and Easter chocolate hang over is with a nice light lemon cake. This recipe is perfect for a single serving and can easily be made in a dorm room, as it is microwavable. Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Splash of lemon juice
- Dampen a small paper towel with vegetable oil. Rub this along the mug to prevent your cake from sticking.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder in the mug and mix together.
- Add the egg, oil, water, and lemon juice and mix well, but be sure not to over mix to prevent the cake from becoming tough.
- Microwave your finished batter for about 2 and a half minutes. You can check with a toothpick or knife to see if the middle is cooked through or still wet.
- For the icing, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix through. Add a splash more lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff at first.
- Top your mug cake with a drizzle of lemon icing and enjoy!