The middle of the spring semester means warmer weather and getting ready for spring break, but it also means that it’s time to start studying for the dreaded midterm exams. We all have a lot on our plates, so no worries – here are some tips for getting through midterm season without losing your sanity.
- Organize and prioritize
- Making sure that you have a clean work area will help to ensure that you don’t get distracted too easily. Make sure to also organize your studying and prioritize what you have to study and you’re sure to ace all of your tests!
- Get some sleep
- I’m sure you hear this all the time, but you need enough sleep in order to function and do well on your exams. Pulling an all-nighter might seem like a good idea at 2 in the morning, but it probably won’t help you as much as you might think.
- Ask questions
- If there’s something that you just can’t seem to understand, ask your professors! After all, that’s what they’re there for. There are also plenty of resources around campus for you to utilize, like the Writing Center, Quantitative Skills Center, and Peer Tutors.
- Take breaks
- Study breaks have been shown to increase productivity and help you in the long run. Take a 5-10 minute break every hour or so to stretch and grab a bite to eat so that you’ll be good as new once you’re ready to start studying again.
- Eat a healthy diet
- It’s true – you are what you eat. Making sure to get enough fruits and veggies in your diet will make the biggest difference in how well you perform on your exams. Don’t forget to drink enough water, either!
Photo Credit: Odyssey Online