Tips for Redecorating Your Dorm Room
So we’re three weeks into the Spring semester and you’re settled in (for the most part) but something seems off…your dorm room needs redecorating! Last semester’s decorations are – well – so last semester. Here are some budget-friendly tips for rearranging your room to show off your style for the new year:
- Look for cheap decorations. There are plenty of cute little shops downtown, so you’re sure to find something that you’ll like. If not, you can always stop by the Dollar Tree.
- Amazon always has good deals. With Prime shipping, you can have your room completely redecorated in as little as two days. What’s not to like?
- Use washi tape to add some color to your room. Spice up your room by framing your pictures or lining your bookshelf with it – there are so many possibilities!
- Every girl I know (myself included) has a board solely dedicated to possible dorm room decorations. If you haven’t looked at it in a while, now is the perfect time to do so.
- Make a photo collage. Can’t pick your favorites? Make a collage with your Instagram pictures, and maybe even decorate them with some washi tape!
- Speaking of pictures: you can get 4×4 or 4×6 pictures printed for free with Shutterfly’s app (you just need to pay for shipping). Hang your pictures up with some string lights and your walls will look good as new.
- Use a corkboard. You can show off your decorating flair and school spirit all while having a space for important reminders!
- Inspiring quotes. Put some inspiring quotes up on your walls (or corkboard) to keep yourself motivated whenever you’re feeling stressed out with schoolwork.
New room, new you!
Photo Credit: Buzzfeed