It’s that time of year again! It’s starting to get cooler out, you’ve probably already worn your flannels all week and uh oh, it’s also the beginning of flu season. You’re probably thinking, “Why me? I have a billion and two things to do this week- I don’t have time in my schedule to be sick!” Well no stress if you’re already sick or trying to prevent getting cooties, here’s what you need to do:
1. Go into a bubble. Yes, have you seen John Travolta in Bubble Boy? (I’m just kidding!) But make sure you do take the extra steps to always wash your hands every chance you get or go to Bath and Body and get some hand sterilizer. It’ll make sure you aren’t letting any germs get in contact with your skin and you will smell extra fall, so it’s a win-win.
2. Drink lots of fluids. Water is the magical elixir of life, it’ll help you fight off anything you’ve got brewing inside of you and will keep you hydrated which your body always needs to stay healthy. You can also add Emergen-C, it’s a vitamin C supplement that give you some extra help for your immune system.
3. Sleep! Your body is saying, “slow down and give me a break” if you’re starting to feel under the weather. I know it’s a busy time with work, but YOU always come first and any professor would understand if you’re feeling sick and need an extension.
4. Exercise! Sweat out all those bad germs and open up all your nasal passages to start feeling like yourself again. I’m not saying go all crazy and do a boot camp workout but just enough to get your sweat flowing going and start to so you can shake off those flu symptoms.
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables. Before you say, “okay you’re sounding like a full on mom at this point”; fruits and vegetables have many vitamins and antibodies to help you kick your immune system back into shape! Your mom wasn’t wrong people!
6. Go to your RA or Health Services. You pay a lot of money to get support and medicine from the Health Services, so take advantage of it! You will be given the hook up: cough drops, tissues, salt (to gargle), and they can give you recommendations on what is best for you to fight any germs!
Picture Link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/417005246729513336/