On September 26th, you can come meet all the sororities at the Goose Nest from 7:00-8:00pm! The sisters of Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Chi Omega and Alpha Omicron Pi, will all be there to welcome you and talk to you about their values and their philanthropies! Here’s some advice if you’re still feeling nervous or may be still on the fence about going Greek:
1. Sorority life at WAC is a lot different than stereotypes at larger schools. WAC’s Greek life is a small compared to larger universities; this means you’re more than just a face in the crowd or just a number in a pledge class. You’re a sister in a sorority made up of strong women who want to make a difference. Your sorority sisters will support you, encourage your goals and have your back no matter what.
2. Just be you. I know this is might sound cheesy or like yeah its easier said than done but really, everyone there wants to get to know you for you! It’s fun when you can just be yourself and make a genuine connection with somebody you might not have known before!
3. Walk in with an open mind. You don’t have to know what sorority you “want” to be in because you will probably change your mind a couple times before finding the place you want to call your home! Don’t rule out any sorority before you meet them and give all the sisters a chance to share their views on sorority life!
4. The sororities are just as nervous to meet you! Sisters are just as nervous to meet new girls, as you are to meet them! We want to share our own values and philanthropies while creating a connection with you to see if you’re interested in what we believe in! Have some questions ready if you feel like you might get stuck in the conversation or really want to WOW the sororities by doing your homework!
5. Just have fun. It’s going to be a chill Tuesday night with a group of friends from all the sororities and with FREE TACOS. FREE. I’ve never heard two words go so perfect together. Just hang out with zero pressure or commitment and meet some girls who want to meet you for YOU!