With the changing of the seasons comes sickness. The weather fluctuates each day and it can cause a serious strain on the body. Lately, there has been a stomach bug going around that has caused many people a lot of problems. If you have already been the victim of this bug, or are awaiting the inevitable then here are a few things you can do to help prevent sickness.
- Wash your hands. Everything you touch, especially in your dorm and on campus, is full of everyone else’s germs. So try your best to use hand sanitizer when you are on the go!
- Drink lots of water. Fluids will help keep your body hydrated, which will make your body stronger.
- Eat vitamins. Taking a multivitamin each day will help your immune system. Also try eating oranges or taking supplements to get more vitamin c.
- Get a good night’s rest. Sleep is very important for staying healthy. It may be hard to get a lot of sleep at this point in the semester but try to when you can.
- Eat healthy. Your body becomes stronger when you eat healthy foods. So put down the pizza and grab some grilled chicken and spinach instead.
- Dress appropriately. With this changing weather it may be unclear what to wear to class. Make sure to bring a jacket with you so when you do get cold you can use it.
- Trust your body. Many people can tell when they are starting to get sick. If you feel a sickness coming make sure be prepared. Get what school work done that you can, get some medicine, and rest. In the long run you may just have wait it out.
Social Media Editor