Welcome back from break! I hope everyone had an enjoyable time with their loved ones and is ready for the rest of the semester. Winter break is fast approaching and with it comes many plans. Returning home, traveling, and even fun vacations all take time and much scheduling. If you are planning any upcoming trips, which take you internationally, you may need to get a passport or renew yours. I am currently in the process of getting my passport and it is a simple yet complex procedure. If you are thinking about getting your passport here are some tips to make the process run as smoothly as possible.
- Do your research! This will make things run efficiently and make things easier on you.
- Start early. Make sure to apply for a passport a few months before your trip.
- Figure out how much everything is going to cost. It is usually about $110 but this varies depending on what you want.
- Get your picture taken. This will be the picture used in the passport. It should be 2×2 inches, in color, and have a white or off-white background. It must be a recent photograph so a school photo works very well. You can even go to the local Walgreens to get passport photos taken.
- Bring identification. You need a form of documented identification like a birth certificate or an old passport. You also need photo identification like a driver’s license or student ID.
- Finally, you have to complete your application. You can print it out here and take it in with the rest of your documents.
The key to getting your passport is to be prepared. Have all the documents you need and papers filled out correctly before you submit your application. For more information check out U.S Passports & International Travel .
Social Media Editor
Photo Source: http://thepassportoffice.com/davis/local/renew/passport/images/passport.jpg